Friday, August 15, 2008

We never found the coil. We took our dishwasher out. We removed the stove. We took out both the regular fridge and the wine fridge. I know it was lost in the kitchen. But we never could find it. We expanded the search just in case. Never found the thing. I called Med-El the following morning. My options were limited. I could make her wait until medicaid approved the payment of the coil (which they would, considering we hardly ever make claims on that policy) or pay out of pocket. There was no way I could make her go 30 days with the coil. Out of pocket was the only choice.

It arrived yesterday. Only then did I remember we also needed extra magnets for it. Now we have the coil, but the thing won't stay on her head!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We've been through this too, I don't understand why they don't come with a matching magnet. What the hell is up with that?

Tricia said...

What was even better about this whole thing is Med-El has released the new processors. Emmi has already been issued hers....complete with FOUR coils that will work for either processor. They are just sitting at Texas Children's, and I couldn't have it. In two weeks, she will have all of her new equipment. If she had only lost this thing two weeks later....

Linda P. said...

I hope you amazed everyone at school yesterday with the great leap you've made in language skills over the summer. I hope you had some fun getting reacquainted with friends, teachers and therapists, too.